11.24.2009

The Night of the Denver Botanic Gardens, Part 1

I had to go to the Denver Botanic Gardens for a company meeting last night and I got a great set of pictures.  I just shot until I used up all of the memory card, so there are way too many for just one post.  I have divided up my favorite pictures into a couple of different groups to show, so this is the first of a series of collections of the night.  It starts off with the car drive there, whoo!  I think it goes well with my project to make the familiar interesting (Background - my photo teacher from college once said in a critique that I have the tendency to photograph the "other," meaning the things that I am not used to seeing.  I realized it was completely true, and I still embrace that side of my photography, but I also want to work on being able to find ways to photograph the familiar and have it be meaningful and interesting to me.  So whenever I use the tag "familiar," then the shot belongs in a kind of loose long term project that is designed to force me to think differently about my photographs and the subject of my art.)

No comments:

Post a Comment